Monday, February 13, 2012

Jeremy Atiyah

My nephew Jeremy Atiyah, who died far too young in 2006, was a travel writer. For several years he was travel editor of the Independent newspaper. At his funeral Simon Calder (the current travel editor) gave an oration, and there was some talk about trying to get Jeremy's writings published in some way.

Nothing came of this, and so recently I decided to do something about it. I have downloaded all the articles I can find on the net - most are actually available on the Independent web site, but are not that easy to dig out. I did try and contact the Independent by email, but have had no reply.

So I am going to create another blog - called simply 'Jeremy Atiyah', and post the articles on it. If anyone complains, I may have to remove them, but I hope that is unlikely. All I am trying to do here is to make these articles easily available to Jeremy's family and friends - and anyone else interested.

I will try and post the articles dated as per when they were written. Hopefully it should not be too difficult - at least there are no photos to upload.

No comments:

Post a Comment